My family therapy practice has a specific scope with regard to the issues and situations I treat. Please review the following list of issues that are beyond the scope of my practice and require specialized counseling.
Issues I do not treat:
- Families where the child of focus is over 12 years old.
- Families with high marital conflict.
- Families approaching or in the process of divorce or separation, or with custody disputes.
- Families with parental substance/alcohol abuse.
- Families under court order.
- Families with untreated mental health issues in either parent.
- Families needing attendance at school IEP meetings or on-site observations.
* Please also note that family therapy requires both parents attendance. Occasional absences due to work, travel etc. are okay, but both parents need to be committed and involved in the therapy process.
If any of these issues pertain to your situation, you may email me and request an appropriate referral to a specialist, as these issues are beyond my scope of training and practice.
If none of these issues pertain to your situation, feel free to email or call and check my availability.